A request for long, luscious hair and a bright hue may once have been met with a raised eyebrow, but we can’t imagine a better combination right now. For clients who are considering taking the pink plunge, Kerry Katona’s new ‘do offers some serious inspiration overload.
So, how do you get hair to look this good? We talked to renowned TV hair stylist and salon owner Dan Carter on the creative hairstyle idea you’ll want to try on clients ASAP. Using our super high-quality Prostyles extensions, Dan revealed exactly how he achieved the hot-pink, real-life Rapunzel hair that Kerry debuted on Celebs Go Dating.
Dan Carter is hair stylist for celebrity go dating and during Kerry’s time on the show worked on a number of uniquely creative styles and looks.
“I’ve been hairdressing for over 12 years and have never used hair like Prostyles before,” Dan says. “The hair itself is such a high quality and long lasting, and I love the fact I’m able to match any colour to one of the unique shades available.”
Mixing light and pastel colours, Dan used rooted tapes to give the British TV reality star and former singer’s hair a natural finish and to make it easier to blend into a hair-up style.
“I always customise Kerry’s colour with Directions hair colour and finish with 72Hair,” says Dan. “This ensures all my extensions stay as they should, and stay looking brand new with the heat from daily styling.”
- Wash and Prep Kerry’s hair and 8 packets of Prostyles Tape Weft hair extensions with PH balance shampoo, rinse and towel dry. Use Prostyles rooted colour 1B-62 which will reflect Kerry’s natural root, making the extensions blend seamlessly.
- Several shades of pink ‘Directions’ hair colour is applied to Kerry’s hair and the tape weft hair extensions. Each shade is blended down into one another to give a perfect rainbow of pink hues.
- The ‘Directions’ hair colour is left to penetrate the hair for 30-40 minutes to ensure a lasting vibrant result.
- Both the natural hair and extension hair is rinsed thoroughly and conditioner applied to the mid lengths and ends.
- Once dry Kerry’s short Bob hair cut has some weight cut out of it ready for the fitting of the Tape Wefts.
- Tape Wefts are applied in a full head application, working in diagonal sections to give Kerry the option to style here hair either up or down.
- Kerry’s new tresses are sprayed with water and styling spray and rough dried to give a mermaid style beachy feel.
Whether your clients are ready to brave this daring hair trend or prefer a subtler technique, Prostyles is the answer to rich, full-bodied and thick hair. With over 20 years supplying the world’s leading professionals, Prostyles is the only brand to offer both real and fibre hair, that’s ethically sourced and silicone free. All our fibre hair is made in Japan, and textured in China for a premium look and feel. There’s free standard delivery over £250 and next day delivery for orders placed before 4 pm, making shopping the many available Prostyles options for any last-minute appointments quick and easy. As well as training and certification, we also offer experienced telephone advice on the right hair extensions for your client.
Want to expand your expertise with further training, education and all the tools needed for your clients to look their unique best like Kerry? At our Prostyles Academy, our trainers bring the enthusiasm, techniques and advice needed to quickly get you to a professional standard of fitting hair extensions. We create bespoke packages to suit your salon needs across a range of different techniques: including ProHair Fibre, Loose Fusion, Pre-Bonded, I-Tips, Tape Wefts and Wefts.
Register or log on to make your order.